2 Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- ½ cup mashed sweet potato (the flesh from 1 medium-small cooked sweet potato)
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil, butter, or ghee for cooking
- optional seasonings: ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, pinch of ground ginger, pinch of allspice
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together the sweet potato and eggs until well-combined.
- Add seasonings, if desired, and stir. Heat oil or butter over medium-low heat.
- Drop the sweet potato mixture by the tablespoon and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip each cake and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
Note: I make very small cakes, using only a tablespoon of batter. They will need to cook longer if you make bigger pancakes. Lower heat works better, and don’t try to flip them before totally cooked on one side.
Optional topping ideas: butter, nut butter, sunflower seed butter, or pure maple syrup. They are also good plain! Enjoy.
Serves: Makes 12 small pancakes
Courtesy of www.healthyhappymama.com